Tenant Leasing Policies for Bellerive and Grand Champions
- Rent is due ON the first of the month not AT the first of the month. A late fee of $30 is charged on the 2nd of each month, plus $5 daily until rent and fees are paid in full. In addition, there is a 10% carry-over fee charged for all balances not paid by the end of the month. See your lease for further information and exceptions. Any tenant that pays rent with a bad check or if the check is returned to us in any way, a $30 charge will be assessed. Furthermore, after the first bad check, that tenant must repay the amount due in cashier’s check or money order. No future personal checks from that tenant will be accepted.
- Tenants must not engage or allow their guests to engage in any activity that disturbs the peaceful enjoyment of other tenants and their apartments. This means no loud music, no running up and down the common stairwell, no slamming of doors, no nuisance pets (excessive barking, whining, meowing, and so on), etc. Be mindful of the other tenants.
- Banzi LLC enforces a “3 STRIKES AND YOU’RE OUT!” policy meaning the first offense is a warning, the second offense is a fine, and any further offenses will result in eviction. Assessing each complaint and issuing a warning/fine/eviction is at the discretion of Banzi LLC.
- Banzi LLC has an “open door” policy. We encourage tenants to talk to us about their concerns whether it is used to file a complaint against another tenant, to file a complaint about the building, to explain why they cannot pay rent at the first of the month, or to explain the behavior that resulted in a warning/fine/eviction. We feel it is always best to foster openness and communication whenever possible.
- Tenants are responsible for light bulbs and batteries for the smoke/CO detectors.
- Tenants are required to have carpets professionally cleaned at lease end and must provide proof of such via receipt from professional carpet cleaners. No do-it-yourself carpet cleaning or “Rug Doctors” accepted.
- Tenants who do not notify the office of their pet will feel the full weight of fines, charges, and possible eviction. Therefore, do not try to sneak a pet into your apartment.
- It is up to the tenant to provide Banzi LLC with a current phone number and email address. At the end of your lease, you must provide a forwarding address in order to receive a deposit refund.